If you’re part of the global Flowboarding community you’ve undoubtedly heard about the World Flowboarding Championships (WFC). Taking place at one of our premier venues around the world, these are the biggest events in the sport.
The WFC events are split up into two different events which are held in two separate locations. The WFC – FlowBarrel is only run on the FlowBarrel attraction. The FlowBarrel event is more like the “halfpipe/vert ramp” of the sport. The WFC – FlowRider takes place on the FlowRider attraction and is more like the “street” of the sport. These events are open to any competitors who feel they have what it takes to win a world title.
The WFC Qualifiers take place at each Wave House venue across the globe. Each venue creates a team of riders who would represent their region at the WFC event. This team consists of a two Pro Men’s Flowboarders, one Pro Female Flowboarder and one Pro Bodyboarder. On the FlowBarrel, the competitors compete in two disciplines, namely strapped and strapless in 3 divisions, Pro Female Flowboard, Pro Men’s Flowboard and Pro Bodyboard. On the FlowRider, the competitors compete strapless only in 5 divisions, Pro Mens, Pro Female in both bodyboard and flowboard and Junior flowboard.
- 2016 TBD
- 2015 WFC – FlowBarrel, Yas Waterworld, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 2014 WFC – FlowBarrel, Yas Waterworld, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 2013 WFC – FlowRider, Westin Spa & Resort, Arizona USA
- 2013 WFC – FlowBarrel, Yas Waterworld, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 2012 WFC – FlowBarrel Mallorca, Spain
- 2012 WFC – FlowRider Ogden, Utah
Two different attractions, three distinct disciplines, and one heck of a lot of fun. We hope to see you there.