A Money-Making Wave Machine
THE FUTURE OF NATURE
With 25 years of experience, Wave Loch is the world leader in artificial surf technologies. We now introduce the next generation of surfing pools…
WAVE LOCH SURFPOOL ™
Forget the troubled, inefficient wave machines of the past. Wave Loch SurfPool’s™ innovative design offers: consistent, quality waves with unprecedented frequency in the smallest physical footprint, and with the greatest energy efficiency. While the few surfing wave pools in existence have struggled to make ends meet, Wave Loch has dedicated over 10 years to the development and refinement of our proprietary SurfPool™ technology to make what was once infeasible, now financially viable and ready to deploy.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
HIGH WAVE FREQUENCY
- Proprietary wave-generating system produces multiple surfable waves in seconds rather than minutes.
- Higher frequency results in greater customer throughput, maximizing the return on large pool capital investments.
- Understanding the science of waves allows Wave Loch’s hydrodynamic computer and physical modeling systems to validate and enable customization to each unique customer location.
WATER SURFACE SMOOTHING
- Contrary to traditional waterpark wave pools, which utilize random chop and reflecting waves, a surfing pool prefers a glassy smooth surface
- Wave Loch’s proprietary dampening systems eliminates adverse surface chop and rip currents while facilitating perfect wave formation.
- Our multiple reef system allows multiple waves of varying heights to break simultaneously. This allows an operator to accommodate riders of all skill levels simultaneously. In addition, an operator can choose to operate the smaller break as a swimmers-only traditional wave pool, like you would see in a water park.
PROVEN ECONOMIC RETURN
- As an operator, Wave Loch understands that stable financial return is not only a function of revenue generated from the attraction, but factors in the attraction’s ability to hold a crowd and create ancillary food, beverage, and retail income as well as hospitality room and real estate value.
- Wave Loch, through its sister company Wave House, has a proven track record in operating wave attractions and has a verifiable database of historical financial performance to offer real-world economic feasibility comparables applicable to your site.
ENHANCED ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- We incorporate energy recapture technologies throughout our pool designs.
- 3 for 1: our unique reef design creates up to three wave breaks of progressively increasing duration for the same amount of energy.
- Using natural gas-powered cogeneration we can simultaneously create waves and heat the pool.
WAVE LOCH SURFPOOL™ “V” SERIES
Surf Culture for all. Wave Loch’s V Series is our most economical SurfPool™ product. Able to be enjoyed by multiple surfers at a time, this wave breeds new and repeat business.
Wave Height: 1.5 meters (4.9 ft)
Wave Frequency/Period: 7.5 seconds and up
Length of Ride: 10 seconds each wave
Break Direction: Left/Right – A Frame
Break Count: 2-6 waves
System Types: Vacuum
Energy Source: Electric or Natural Gas
Single Reef: 50m (164′) by 100m (328′) and 3m (10′) max depth
Double Reef: 50m (164′) by 150m (492′) and 3m (10′) maximum depth
Triple Reef: 50m (164′) by 200m (656′) and 3m (10′) maximum depth
MULTIPLE REEF BREAK HEIGHT & SKILL LEVEL:
Primary Wave = 100% wave height – Expert
Secondary Wave = 60% wave height – Intermediate
Tertiary Wave = 30% wave height – Beginner
WAVE LOCH SURFPOOL™ “VX” SERIES
Wave Loch’s VX Series has all the capabilities of the V Series, with added pressurized caissons to generate a primary break of two, three, or even four meters high! These competition class waves are designed for the more seasoned surfer who wants to be barreled, test new maneuvers, and fly down the line.
The X Series will bring competitive surfing to the masses and revolutionize how the sport of surving evolves. The larger waves provided by the X Series are perfect for making the SurfPool™ the centerpiece attraction of a resort, real estate development, or sports center. Notwithstanding the larger wave generating capacity offered by the VX Series, after its first break, the following second and third breaks perform identically to the V Series described above.